If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Because we're tired of boring vanilla frosting on our vegan cupcakes. And because there is no better food combination than peanut butter and chocolate. Top your favorite chocolate cupcake (vegan or non) with this frosting and prepare for pure joy. —Slow Club Cookery
Makes enough frosting for 12 cupcakes
peanut butter buttercream frosting
- 1/2 cup vegan shortening
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups organic powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegan shortening
- In a stand mixer, cream together shortening, margarine and peanut butter for 2-3 minutes until well incorporated.
- Add powdered sugar, coconut milk and vanilla. Mix for 3-5 more minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Prepare your completely cooled cupcakes for frosting. This frosting is the perfect texture for either a piping bag or hand-frosting and any leftover frosting will keep for several weeks in the fridge. Use about 3tbsp of frosting per cupcake. Frost each cupcake and allow them to sit for 10 minutes. This will give the frosting time to set up while you prepare the chocolate drizzle.
- To prepare chocolate drizzle: In a microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips and shortening. Cook for 45 seconds on high, or until melted.
- Mix together welland use a dinner fork to drizzle melted chocolate over the top of frosted cupcakes.
- Allow to set for 10-15 minutes then eat! And eat, and eat, and eat...
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting
More Great Recipes: