If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I spend a lot of time experimenting with food — flavors and texures — methods of preparing. I like kale greens but wondered how they would roast in an oven; would they be wilted and soggy or crunchy crisp. —Dennis Constantine
Makes a lot
- 1 bunch organic kale greens, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic sliced into slivers (like almonds) — optional
- 1 dash Maldon salt
- 1 dash freshly ground black pepper
- preheat oven to 375 — place lower rack in bottom third of oven
- wash kale thoroughly and spin dry to remove all water; if necessary, set on paper towels to dry.
- in a large bowl, preferably stainless steel or glass, add kale leaves, olive oil, garlic slivers, fresh ground pepper and dash of salt; toss well to coat leaves thoroughly
- spread out flat on baking sheet and place in oven for 15-20 minutes; halfway through rotate pan and shake gently to stir kale. serve immediately