If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Any spice you enjoy could be appropriate on these (za'atar, smoked paprika, ground cinnamon), but I went with some pre-fab taco spice because it has so many flavors that I love when mixed up with sweet potatoes (chili, cumin, coriander etc). —Laura Wright | The First Mess
Makes: 4-5 cups of chips
medium-large sweet potato
tablespoon grapeseed oil (+ extra for greasing)
teaspoon fine sea salt
teaspoons spice(s) of your choice
teaspoon flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease two large baking sheets with grapeseed oil and set aside.
- Peel the sweet potato and slice it on a mandolin into thin coins.
- Toss the sweet potato slices with the tablespoon of grapeseed oil, fine sea salt, and spices. Make sure all slices are evenly coated.
- Place slices on the baking sheets in a single layer, ensuring that there is no overlap. Sprinkle the flaky sea salt on top of the slices and slide the baking sheets into the oven. Bake the chips for 18 minutes, flipping them over with tongs at the halfway point. Remove chips when they appear lightly golden brown with a tiny bit of give in the center (they will firm up).
- Enjoy chips as soon as possible or within the next day.