If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If this weren't the first occurrence of Thanksgivukkah in our lifetime, I might have a story behind this Sufganiyot Stuffing that's better than "oh, it was a long drive and it was the millionth idea that came into my head." But I don't, so this is nothing but a perfect marriage of salty and sweet, fried and baked, and Thanksgiving and Hanukkah, served all tidy like and disguised as regular stuffing. It's the perfect solution for when you make way too many Sufganiyot on the first night of Hanukkah, and, yeah, you're going to want to wear eating pants. —molly yeh
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 batch of these Sufganiyot: http://mynameisyeh.com/mynameisyeh/2013/10/recipe-easiest-sufganiyot-ever
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- 4 slices bacon (turkey or pig)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch each of ground cloves, ground cinnamon, and thyme
- 1 small handful of fresh parsley
- preheat oven to 200 f. slice open your sufganiyot, extract the jam as best you can, and set it aside. cut sufganiyot into 3/4-inch pieces and then bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes, until they're very dry. when they're done baking, remove them from the oven and crank the heat up to 375 f.
- heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. cook the onion and celery until soft and translucent, 5-7 minutes. add the bacon and dried cranberries, and heat until the bacon is cooked through.
- in a medium bowl, whisk together the broth, egg, spices, and reserved jam (you'll want 1/4 cup of jam-- if you don't have enough reserved from the donuts, add more).
- in a greased large loaf pan, gently combine the sufganiyot cubes and the onion mixture. fold in the parsley and the broth mixture to coat the cubes evenly. bake for 45 minutes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: