If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted a crowd-pleasing (read: with bacon) squash recipe for Thanksgiving that could partially made ahead and finished on the stove (oven space being at a premium). Here it is! —Katelinlee
strips thick-cut bacon
yellow onion, diced
cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove peel from butternut squash and cube.
- Toss squash with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast on baking sheet for roughly 30 minutes, tossing often, until tender and lightly browned.
- Make ahead step: Allow squash to cool and refrigerate until you are ready to finish preparing the meal.
- Cut bacon into lardons and cook in large skillet over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon is crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan with slotted spoon and place on paper towel-lined plate, reserving fat.
- Add onion to bacon grease and cook, stirring frequently, until tender and lightly browned.
- Add squash to the pan and cook until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper, toss with bacon and parsley, and serve warm.