If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from our love of caramel, pralines, bourbon, and the South. This pie's praline and graham crust is the perfect crunchy cradle for a bed of praline pecans and a thick layer of bourbon salted caramel. To top it off, we've dolloped it (and dolloped and dolloped) with homemade bourbon whipped cream. —TaylorSang
- 1 1/3 cups Crushed Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 6 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Pecan Halves
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Bourbon Vanilla Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Salted Praline Filling
- 14 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 ounces Unsalted Butter
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 3/4 cup Bourbon Vanilla Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 3 teaspoons Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons Pure Cane Sorghum
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon Smoked Salt
- 1/4 cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Praline Pecans
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. For the crust, combine all of the ingredients into a food processor. Process on high until the mixture becomes fine. Press the crust into a 9-inch pie pan and about an inch up the sides of the pan. Bake the crust for 12 minutes. Set aside.
- For the caramel, cook the sweetened condensed milk in a double boiler on medium-low heat for 45 minutes. Set aside. Meanwhile, combine butter, sugars, corn syrup, heavy cream, 2 teaspoons of Bourbon Vanilla Extract, Pure Cane Sorghum, and 1 oz of bourbon in a large sauce pan and cook for 10 minutes (allow this mixture to reach 240 degrees F) until it becomes a medium brown color. Stir the condensed milk into the bourbon caramel mixture. Sprinkle in the Bourbon Smoked Salt. Make a bed of praline pecans in the graham cracker crust. Pour the caramel mixture over the praline pecans. Let the pie cool in the refrigerator for several hours. Meanwhile, make the bourbon cream topping. Let your electric beater and a large mixing bowl rest in the freezer for 2 minutes before preparing. Pour 1 cup of heavy cream, 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar, 1/2 oz of bourbon, and 1 teaspoon of Bourbon Vanilla Extract into the mixing bowl. Mix on high for several minutes, until peaks form. Dollop the cream onto the cooled pie and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Pie