If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A completely grain, nut, seed, egg, dairy free pumpkin pie that delivers on flavor, texture and holiday cheer —Autoimmune Paleo Lifestyle
Makes one pie
- 2 cups pumpkin (fresh or canned)
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon gelatin (I use grass fed gelatin)
- 1/8 cup boiling water
- 5 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- Note: Do not leave out the salt! A pinch in the crust and a pinch in the filling. It brings out the spice and sugars!
- In a food processor, blend 2 cups coconut and 4 Tbls melted coconut oil and pinch salt. Blend until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of food processor a few times during the two minutes.
- Add this to a bow,l and add to it 3 cups of shredded coconut and one more tablespoon of coconut oil. Mix well and then dump into pie pan and use your fingers to shape the crust. This is really the hardest part of the recipe, so take your time pressing the coconut into the pie pan and making sure it is as packed and even as possible.
- Bake with the edges lightly covered with tinfoil at 350 for 20 minutes. Take out if it is getting too brown. Let cool.
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients for the pie filling except the gelatin and water. Stop to scrape down sides once or twice.
- Pour filling into a saucepan and bring to a simmer stirring often. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour 1/8 boiling water in a bowl. Sprinkle 1 Tbls of gelatin over the hot water and let dissolve completely. Use a whisk to mix if needed.
- Pour the hot pumpkin mixture into the food processor again along with the gelatin mixture. Blend for 30 seconds. Slowly pour into the pie crust and completely cool in fridge (2hr-over night)