If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy chicken recipe that uses fresh lemongrass, coriander, and a few Vietnamese twists to deliver a super fresh, light, and flavourful piece of chicken! —Jason Lau
- 2 sprigs fresh lemongrass
- 2 pieces chicken breast or thighs
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons palm or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coriander stalks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1.25 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Chop up your lemon grass, shallots, garlic, and coriander stalks. Sprinkle with a small dash of salt to help release liquid and keep chopping away until you've got a nice little paste.
- Mix with the oil, dried coriander, sugar, fish sauce, and another small touch of salt - fish sauce is extremely salty on its own so don't be liberal with the amount of salt you add. Pound and mix until you've got a nice, mushy mixture
- Coat and marinade the chicken for at least 20-30 minutes. Longer the better.
- Grill for 3-5 minutes per side, depending on how thick your piece of chicken is.
- Dig in!