If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: SO easy and yet so creamy and rich. There is a wonderful trick to making this vegan soup thick! A crowd pleaser! —Autoimmune Paleo Lifestyle
- 3 cups summer squash
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 zest of lime
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup stock or water
- Sauté onion and squash with 2 Tbls. Olive oil. Add apple cider vinegar. Cook until soft; about 15 min. on med-high heat.
- Carefully add sauté mixture to blender with lime juice, lime zest, pinch of salt and ½ cups water. Blend for 2 minutes.
- Scrape down sides of blender and add 2 Tbls of olive oil. Blend for another minute.
- The lime in this soup transforms it to a versatile hot/cold soup. The residual sugars from the onion along with the tropical lime flavor blend tremendously well with squash. Keep in a mason jar in your fridge and bring to work! The perfect easy recipe to make an interesting dish with all the summer squash right now.