If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A little week night dish with a lot of richness. I love to make this in the spring when asparagus and portobello mushrooms are in season. It's not too challenging or time consuming to make, but it feels like a treat.
Inspired by this lovely non-vegetarian bon appetite recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Egg-Topped-Soba-Noodles-with-Asparagus-and-Prosciutto-357234 —Melissa Roels
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil, divided
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 10 ounces soba noodles (buckwheat noodles)
- 2-3 portobello mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, ends removed, cut on diagonal into 1/8" sliced
- 2-4 eggs, depending on amount of servings
- 4 tablespoons , or to taste of Parmesan cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, stir until fragrant and pale golden. Immediately add mushrooms strips, sauteeing until just softened. Remove from heat, set aside.
- In small skillet heat last tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Crack 2-4 eggs into pan and cook until one side of the egg is about to set, about 2 minutes. (Make sure you do not cook the yolk through!) Remove pan from heat, cover and set aside.
- Bring large pot of generously salted water to boil, add soba noodles. Cook though until just limp or about 5 minutes. Add sliced asparagus and continue to cook until asparagus is crisp tender, another 2 minutes. Drain noodles and asparagus, and RESERVE 1 CUP COOKING LIQUID (in caps because its been one too many times now I've forgotten to do this).
- Return pan with mushrooms and garlic to burner over medium heat, add noodles and asparagus. Cook until heated through adding reserved liquid 1/4 cup at a time, toss to coat noodles. You will only need enough to moisten the noodles. Add Parmesan cheese and an optional drizzle of olive oil, tossing again to coat noodles.
- Serve noodle mixture, top with egg and cheese shavings. Serve immediately and enjoy!