If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: a fun take on shepards pie turned into a fun appetizer —andy nguyen
- 2 cups braised lamb shank, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup caramelized yellow onions
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup marsala wine, reduced by half
- 1/8 cup veal demi glace
- 1 cup carrots, brunoise
- 1 cup celery brunoise
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 pound yukon potatoes
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 1/8 cup heavy cream
- TT salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated manchego
- First place yukon gold potatoes in a pot of boiling water and cook until tender. Once tender place in a food mill and mill. Shred braised lamb, if it is cold heat it up slightly so it is easier to shred. In a large mixing bowl add milled potatoes, shredded lamb and caramelized onions mix until throughly incorporated. Add cheese, reduced marsala wine and demi glace. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Once slightly cold, roll into one ounce balls and line on a sheet pan, until needed. Set up a standard breading station, Panko bread crumbs, Seasoned all purpose flour and egg wash. Bread all croquettes and set aside until ready to serve up.
- For the garlic puree, place chicken stock and potatoes and roasted garlic into a small pot and cook until tender, alternating with butter and cream blend until smooth. Serve warm.
- To serve up, fry croquettes until golden brown. Serve under a bed of brunoise vegetables and roasted garlic puree!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes