If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you are looking for a delicious and easy to make gluten free dessert then try my Lemon Cornmeal Bread with Blueberry Compote! —Cindy Anschutz
Makes one 9" round cake
Ingredients for Cornmeal Bread
- 2 cups (1/2 bag) Moon Rabbit Cornbread Mix
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 lemon juiced, (2 tablespoons)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine all the ingredients together and using your KitchenAid® 3-Speed Blender mix on medium for 3 minutes. The batter will be light and fluffy.
- Makes 1 9? round cake
- Bake 20-25 minutes until cake tester comes out clean with a toothpick. Larger pan 30-35 minutes.
Ingredients for Blueberry Compote
- 2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries, unthawed
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Combine 1 1/2 cups blueberries, sugar and 1/3 cup water in heavy small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until berries burst, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 cup berries. Cook until compote coats spoon, stirring often, about 8 minutes. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill.) Serve warm.