If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great dessert that is always a nice ending. To make it extra special add some homemade whipped cream but it is delicious without it too!
NOTE: For the home made whipped cream – blend whipping cream until firm, add 2 tablespoons of confectioner sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Continue to blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use. —Cindy Anschutz
Ingredients for Lemon Yogurt Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Cooking spray
Ingredients for Raspberry Puree
- 1 container of fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Blueberries, strawberries, or an extra container of raspberries (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray generously
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together. With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it’s all combined together. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, take out a small chopper and add raspberries, sugar and lemon juice and blend until smooth. Put in a bowl and set in the refrigerator.
- When the cake is done, let sit for at least 10 minutes. Take a butter knife and go along the loaf to make sure it is loose and take out and place on a serving dish.
- To serve, slice loaf and put on a dessert dish, add the raspberry puree over the slice. Add blueberries, strawberries or raspberries on the side of the plate or a few on top of the puree.