If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am not sure why, but acorn squash is not something I purchase often. During my weekly shopping I spotted them and already had a pint of pure maple syrup in my cart. Immediately I was inspired to make Maple Acorn Squash as a side with my roasted chicken dinner! We enjoyed every bite and there was none left over! Note to self: next time buy 2… —Cindy Anschutz
- 2 medium acorn squash (about 1 1/2 pounds each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted organic butter, melted
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and membrane. Cut each half widthwise into 1/2-in. slices; discard ends.
- Place slices in a large baking dish single layer. Season with salt. Combine syrup and butter; pour over squash.
- Bake covered with foil for 20 minutes then uncover for 10 minutes (if you are adding nuts add them now).