If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 6 cups water
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups fine cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Bring water to a boil in a large heavy pot; add a generous pinch of salt. Whisk together buckwheat flour and cornmeal to combine in a small bowl. Pour both flours into boiling water, whisking constantly, until combined. Cook, stirring occasionally, until polenta is tender and very thick, about 15 minutes. Whisk in butter.
- Pour hot polenta onto a wooden cutting board. Top with dollops of mascarpone, and a sprinkling of walnuts and pomegranate. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil, if desired.