If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Heston Blumenthal’s technique —l champion
Serves 4 or more, depending on how many potatoes you use
- large Russet potatoes
- freshly-ground pepper
- olive oil
- minced fresh garlic (approx. 2 cloves for each pound of potatoes)
- chopped fresh rosemary (approx. 1 sprig for each pound of potatoes)
- Scrub the potatoes and then cut into evenly-sized quarters. Place them in a large bowl of cold water and let them soak for about 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- While the potato wedges are soaking: Bring to a boil a large pot of salted water (enough to completely cover the potatoes). Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Once the pot of water is boiling, drain and rinse off the potatoes that have been soaking. This is to remove the potato starch.
- Boil the wedges for about 20 minutes, or until they are soft and about to fall apart.
- Carefully drain and shake the potatoes, then turn into a large bowl. Gently toss the potatoes with salt and pepper and oil.
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper, then lay the potatoes out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast on the middle rack of the oven for about an hour, turning the wedges over every 20 minutes (to brown evenly on all sides)
- Mix the minced garlic with the chopped rosemary and set aside.
- After 45 minutes or so, sprinkle the potatoes with the garlic/rosemary mixture, and continue roasting until most of the potatoes have golden edges.
- Serve immediately.