If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love sweet potatoes and wanted to make crunchy cold salad to serve at holiday dinners. I tried different combinations until I found sweet and savory flavors that I liked. The tart lemon dressing adds tartness to the the sweet potatoes and cranberries, and celery, onions and pecans add crunch. This salad would be great with 1 cup of cooked farro added, and is very tasty with leftover turkey added! —Leith Devine
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons red or sweet onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme (or 1/2 tsp dried) chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (or 2 tsp dried) chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash salt
- Boil sweet potatoes until tender but not mushy, cool then cut into bite-sized cubes. Add to medium size bowl.
- Add chopped celery, green onions, cranberries and chopped onion.
- To make dressing, put lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk in mustard. Slowly add oil while whisking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped herbs and pecans and stir salad together with dressing.
- Other nuts can be used - chopped almonds or pistachios are very good. Add 1 cup of cooked farro for a more substantial salad, or use up leftover turkey and fold in. Delicious!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes