If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was the happy outcome of trying, failing, and trying again. After failing valiantly in making sweet potato & potato hashbrowns, I was able to scrape the grated (and still uncooked) potatoes out of the pan and retool it into a delightful bisque. I've streamlined the process a little bit but it's still delicious! —Stephanie
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1/2 medium acorn squash
- 3 cups vegetable broth or stock
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 large pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons herb poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Nutmeg, to taste
- In large, heavy bottomed pot, over medium heat, sweat shallot in butter until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Peel and cube potatoes, sweet potatoes, and squash.
- Add potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, broth, garlic, salt, and poultry seasoning to onions. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once at room temperature, blend in small batches until smooth. Place bisque back in pan and heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Before serving, grate nutmeg on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall