If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: tahini is a staple in the Israeli kitchen, in this recipe it is used in combination with date molasses which makes for a delicious base for these yummy cookies! —hagarita
Makes 20-3- cookies
- 1/2 cup raw tahini paste
- 1/2 cup date molasses (silan)
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon and cardamom
- 10 drops vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 355 (180 Celsius)
- combine tahini and butter in a sauce pan, over low heat stir well to combine
- In a large bowl mix the thini-butter paste with the silan, chopped pistachios, cinnamon, vanilla extract, cardamon and the salt.
- Slowly add the flour and mix by hand until a soft dough is formed.
- Using your hands, form small balls and place on a baking pan, since the dough is soft the cookies will spread, so make sure they are spaced out.
- bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and cool on a rack for another 15-20 minutes
More Great Recipes: Cookies