Author Notes: tahini is a staple in the Israeli kitchen, in this recipe it is used in combination with date molasses which makes for a delicious base for these yummy cookies! —hagarita
Makes: 20-3- cookies
cup raw tahini paste
cup date molasses (silan)
cup spelt flour
cup almond flour
cup chopped pistachios
teaspoon each of cinnamon and cardamom
drops vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 355 (180 Celsius)
- combine tahini and butter in a sauce pan, over low heat stir well to combine
- In a large bowl mix the thini-butter paste with the silan, chopped pistachios, cinnamon, vanilla extract, cardamon and the salt.
- Slowly add the flour and mix by hand until a soft dough is formed.
- Using your hands, form small balls and place on a baking pan, since the dough is soft the cookies will spread, so make sure they are spaced out.
- bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and cool on a rack for another 15-20 minutes