If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a German speciality, a pan-fried dough pastry, here made with apples and pistachio. —MarieGlobetrotter
- 1 1/4 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 tablespoons pistachio powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 milliliters milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 medium cooking apples
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- Butter for frying
- Powder sugar
- 1 handful Pistachios, chopped
- Combine flour, baking powder, 1 tbsp sugar, 2 tsbp pistachio powder and salt in bowl. Stir in the milk, the eggs and mix gently with a mixer.
- Peel and core the apples without cutting them in half. Cut into thick, round slices. Sprinkle with 4 tbsp sugar and 2 tsp vanilla sugar.
- In a skillet, melt enough butter to fry the Appleküchl properly. Dip the apple slices into the dough then fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until crispy.
- Dry the apples on paper towel. To serve, simply place a couple of Appleküchl of individual plate, sprinkle with powder sugar and chopped pistachios.