Author Notes: I'm a big believer in always having a mixture of sweet and savory in each course. This applies to hors d'oeuvres as well. Slide a few of these sweet but cheesy crostini in with your other party bites and watch your guests smile! —foxeslovelemons
Makes 12 pieces
- 1/2 whole grain baguette, sliced diagonally 1/4-inch thick (about 12 pieces)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 dried apricots
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 small fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray baguette slices with cooking spray. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp, turning once.
- Meanwhile, place apricots in small bowl; cover with very warm tap water. Let stand 10 minutes. In separate small bowl, stir together ricotta and cinnamon.
- Spread ricotta mixture on crostini. Sprinkle crostini with almonds. Remove apricots from soaking liquid and drain on paper towel. Place 1 apricot on each crostini. Drizzle crostini with honey and garnish with mint leaves. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre