If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Vegan and Gluten Free Baked Zucchini Bread Oatmeal - a nice alternative to traditional oatmeal and just as easy! —Michelle - The Fresh Direction
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, slightly melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 10" skillet or an 8"x10" pan with some coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chia seeds (or ground flax) and water. Set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (oats, raisins, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt). Then, stir in the shredded zucchini. In another bowl, combine all the wet ingredients (milk, almond butter, chia egg, vanilla). In another small bowl, combine nuts, maple syrup, coconut oil and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the dry mixture into the greased skillet/pan. Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and give the pan a couple shakes and bang it on the counter to ensure it is all evenly distributed. Now, evenly pour the nut/syrup mixture over the top. Add a few extra whole pecans on top if you wish.
- Bake at 375F for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve warm with some extra milk, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a scoop of almond butter if desired