If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In South Georgia, pecans are a staple to many dishes, but they are delicious simply toasted and topped with your favorite herb or seasoning. My friend Katie, who has also relocated from the south, still offers these warm delights whenever she gets the chance. It is so funny how good these simple toasted nuts can be! —thewholefamilysfood
- 2 cups raw Georgia pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 2 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- Preheat your over to 250°. Simply lay your raw pecans on a cookie sheet, or flat in any oven safe dish. Slice thin, 1/4in slices of butter and lay out over the pecans. Wash and shred your rosemary from the steam. Dice it finely and sprinkle over your pecans, more or less to your preferred taste.
- Place in oven at 250°. Watch, and once butter has melted (about 10min), mix your nuts around to distribute butter more evenly. Continue to toss every 10-15min. When you start to eally smell your pecans,after about 30min., they are ready. Remove, salt, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre