If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crisp toasted baguettes glow garlic. Ricotta relaxes in a cloud of cream. Grey green specks of thyme blink under a golden sheen of honey - can you say mouthwatering?! These fresh cheese toasts are simple and quick to prepare for an impromptu gathering —hopecooks
Makes 18 toasts
- 1 baguette sliced into 18 1/2" slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 2 cups 2 cups good quality ricotta
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons orange blossom honey, preferably in a squeeze bottle
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place bread slices on a sheet pan lined with foil. Using a silicone brush, lightly brush bread with olive oil.
- Toast bread slices until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Allow bread to cool until you can lift a slice without burning your fingers and then rub each slice of bread with the garlic clove
- Spread each garlic toast with a dollop of ricotta cheese and sprinkle with chopped thyme. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. The toasts can be assembled to this point up to 2 hours ahead of time ; cover loosely with plastic wrap
- Drizzle the toasts with honey, place on a serving tray and serve immediately
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre