If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My lil version of a much loved Middle Eastern treat - great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or supper <3 —Mistress of Spices
Serves 4-6 persons
- 1 kg Red Tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 kg Red Onions, sliced
- 4-6 ABF Medium sized Farm Eggs
- 200 grams Minced Beef or Lamb
- 1 tablespoon Arabic Mixed Spice
- 1 tablespoon Asian Sweet Spice
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Black Olives - thinly sliced & Kalamansi Lime - halved for Garnishing
- Fry onions till close to golden brown in big wok. Add in tomatoes & continue frying till ingredients amalgamated. Set aside
- Heat oil in saucepan then fry garlic. Add in minced meat with spices. Cook till brown then set aside.
- In casserole dish, place amalgamated onions & tomatoes then liberally douse cooked minced meat atop. Make holes with large tablespoon in mix. Crack eggs into each hole. Sprinkle ground black pepper then place in oven at 180°C for 20 minutes or until eggs cooked to your satisfaction.
- Arrange garnish accordingly & served with slices of French Baguette for the family.