If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I simply used my "Not Quite Nicoise with Lime-chive Cream" for a tasty little bite. —creamtea
Makes about 25 bites
pounds purple fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
cup creme fraiche
grated zest of 1 lime
juice of 1/2 lime
pinches kosher salt
1 1/2 - 2
teaspoons mild honey, to taste
tablespoons minced chives, plus additional for garnish
tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
ounces sliced smoked salmon (Scottish or Gaspe)
- In a kettle, cover potatoes with cold water. Bring to a boil, cover, turn off flame and allow to sit about 45 minutes to one hour until tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk creme fraiche, lime juice and zest, salt, honey,and chives. Slowly add olive oil, blending until emulsified. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- To assemble, take a potato, cut a sliver off the bottom so it will sit comfortably, and another sliver off the top. Spread or brush a small amount of dressing on top cut side. Take a thin slice of salmon, cut in half, twirl into a small roll and set atop potato. Drizzle a little dressing over and garnish with more chives. Repeat for each potato. Set on a serving platter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre