I simply used my "Not Quite Nicoise with Lime-chive Cream" for a tasty little bite.
I simply used my "Not Quite Nicoise with Lime-chive Cream" for a tasty little bite.—creamtea
Makes: about 25 bites
pounds purple fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
cup creme fraiche
grated zest of 1 lime
juice of 1/2 lime
pinches kosher salt
1 1/2 - 2
teaspoons mild honey, to taste
tablespoons minced chives, plus additional for garnish
tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
ounces sliced smoked salmon (Scottish or Gaspe)
In This Recipe
- In a kettle, cover potatoes with cold water. Bring to a boil, cover, turn off flame and allow to sit about 45 minutes to one hour until tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk creme fraiche, lime juice and zest, salt, honey,and chives. Slowly add olive oil, blending until emulsified. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- To assemble, take a potato, cut a sliver off the bottom so it will sit comfortably, and another sliver off the top. Spread or brush a small amount of dressing on top cut side. Take a thin slice of salmon, cut in half, twirl into a small roll and set atop potato. Drizzle a little dressing over and garnish with more chives. Repeat for each potato. Set on a serving platter.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre