Author Notes: This recipe is for a single glass of eggnog, but feel free to batch it up for a party, though you might want to invest in an immersion blender to give your shaking arm a rest if you’re serving for more than a couple of guests. —Erik Lombardo
- 2 ounces rum, brandy, bourbon, or a combination
- 3/4 ounce cream
- 3/4 ounce Sugar Syrup (1:1 sugar:water by volume)
- 1 egg yolk
- Combine everything in a shaker and dry shake it all vigorously together for ten seconds.
- Add ice to shaker and shake again, then strain, and grate nutmeg and cinnamon over the top.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: Cocktails