If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This mint chocolate chip granola, which makes a great edible holiday gift, is made with two types of chocolate and a splash of wintery peppermint extract. —Angela Brown
Makes about 4 cups
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Evenly spread the mixture on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the granola, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden brown, about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer the granola to a large bowl. Immediately add in the chopped chocolate chips and toss to combine. Spread the mixture back onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and allow to cool completely before transferring to an air-tight container.