If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tom and I love Mexico, it's people and their cuisine. We cook quite a few Mexican or Tex-Mex dishes and truthfully we can't quite cook authentic Mexican cuisine, so it's mostly Cal-Mex. But it is delicious. This is our version of a Chicken Tostada served with Mango Salsa for two people. The Prep time is less than thirty minutes. —Tom and Anita Morgan
For the tostada
- 2 small or medium tortillas, wheat or corn
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 small avocado
- 3/4 cup Mexican cheese or cheddar, grated large
For the Mango Salsa
- 1 Ataulfo mango, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 green jalapeno, seeded and chopped small
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (usually 1 lime)
- zest from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- Saute the chicken, shredding in the pan with a SS spatula-cooks faster. Let cool and cut as needed. Spread the grated cheese on the tortilla, add the chicken and warm in 350*F oven until cheese melts. Place the avocado and red pepper on the tostada and add a scoop of salsa in the middle. Then serve.
- Mix ingredients in a ceramic, glass or stainless steel bowl. Cover, refrigerate and let age for at least 30 minutes before serving. Let warm to room temperature before serving.