If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cinnamon spiced pumpkin applesauce is my favorite healthy way to get my pumpkin fix. Perfect served at your holiday table or as a snack topped with a scoop of almond butter! —dmichaan
- 2 1/2 pounds fuji apples, cored and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds or 1 tsp extract
- In a heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat, combine apples, cinnamon, vanilla bean (if you are using extract add with the pumpkin puree) and cider (start with 3/4 cup and add the rest if needed while cooking. The liquid will not cover the apples. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat. Simmer the apples, partially covered for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples are super soft.
- Once the apples are nice and tender, remove the vanilla bean. Transfer apples to a food processor. Add pumpkin puree. Puree until smooth.