If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adapted this from a recipe on the back of a bag of Santitas White Corn Chips. I can't locate the original recipe now but I know I changed several ingredients. This can be made as a vegetarian dish by leaving out the meat and adding more cheese, onions and chilies. —Beverly Praver
Makes 13 x 9 baking dish
ounces can of black beans
ounces can of refried beans
ounces can of Ortega chilies
cups Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
medium onion, diced
cups shredded cooked meat (pork, chicken or beef}
white corn chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Spray a 9”x13” pan with vegetable oil
- Place a layer of corn chips in the bottom of the pan.
- Mix black beans and refried beans together in a separate bowl
- Pour ½ of the bean mixture on top of the chips.
- Spread meat over the beans
- Spread ½ of chilies over the meat.
- Place another layer of chips over the chilies.
- Pour remaining ½ of beans over the second layer of chips and put the remaining chilies over that.
- Top with cheese and chopped onions.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes or until warmed through.