If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: super easy. gluten free. marzipan and orange zest flavour. hard and crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. Perfect with coffee or tea. Traditionally enjoyed at engagement parties, but now enjoyed as and when! —[email protected]
Makes 25 cookies
- 300g slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 egg whites
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Measure 1/2 cup of the 300g slivered blanched almonds. Coarsely chop the almonds. Set to the side in a flat pan.
- Put the rest of the silvered blanched almonds and the granulated sugar into a food processor. Grind together to a fine powder. Add the icing sugar, zest and almond extract. Pulse 2 seconds. Add the egg whites and pulse until it forms a firm paste.
- Take walnut sized teaspoon of the firm paste and shape into a cylinder. Roll the cylinder in the coarsely chopped almonds and shape into a crescent shape. Place on parchment paper on a baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes until very light golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe
More Great Recipes: Cookies