If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Québécois family tradition passed down from my step mother's mother.
- 1 cup Maple Syrup (Canadian preferred!)
- 1.5 cups Whole Milk
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 Eggs, separated
- Butter, for casserole dish
- In a double boiler on your stove top, combine the maple syrup and milk, heating until warm.
- Add the oil and flour, whisking constantly for 10 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks and whisk them into the pot. Let the mixture cool while heating your oven to 375.
- Meanwhile, beat the whites until stiff. Fold the whites into the maple pot and gently transfer all to a butter casserole dish.
- Place casserole dish in a large pan filled with hot water and bake for 50 minutes.
More Great Recipes: