Author Notes: A Québécois family tradition passed down from my step mother's mother.
cup Maple Syrup (Canadian preferred!)
cups Whole Milk
cup Vegetable Oil
Butter, for casserole dish
In This Recipe
- In a double boiler on your stove top, combine the maple syrup and milk, heating until warm.
- Add the oil and flour, whisking constantly for 10 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks and whisk them into the pot. Let the mixture cool while heating your oven to 375.
- Meanwhile, beat the whites until stiff. Fold the whites into the maple pot and gently transfer all to a butter casserole dish.
- Place casserole dish in a large pan filled with hot water and bake for 50 minutes.