If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A most delicious cranberry sauce, this recipe was given to me by my co-worker Aileen. The recipe says to make in the microwave, but in cook it on the stovetop. It seems to taste the same either way. —jeannieroseburg
Serves 10-12 small side servings
- 12 ounces Fresh cranberries
- 1 Medium sized orange (peeled and cut into tiny pieces)
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1 cup Sugar (I use 2/3cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1/3 teaspoon Cayenne (I never add this)
- 2/3 cup Chopped dried figs
- 1/3 cup Pistachio nuts
- Put all ingredients except figs and pistachio nuts in glass microwaveable bowl and cover. You can also cook them in a pot on the stove top.
- Microwave for 4 minutes on high (or cook on stovetop until cranberries are soft and can be popped open easily with a fork)
- Uncover the bowl and microwave for 4 additional minutes
- Stir in the figs and pistachios
More Great Recipes: Side Dishes