If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was one of the first recipes I was able to make on my own as a kid. It was also one of the few desserts we could always make, as my mom always had these ingredients on hand. Plus, it doesn't include eggs so you can snack on as much batter as you like (well, so long as enough goes in the pan). —Gibson2011
Makes 8x8" pan
- 3/4 sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- Heat oven to 350.
- Make pudding base: Mix dry ingredients. Blend in milk, butter, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Pour into 8x8" pan.
- Make dry mix: In a small bowl, combine sugars and cocoa. Sprinkle over batter. Pour hot water over - Do Not Stir. Bake for 35-40 min., till cake center is almost set. Let stand 15 min. before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe
More Great Recipes: Desserts