If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple dish that is delicious and healthy. It can really be made with any type of pasta and any leafy vegetable. The lentils add the protein for a complete one dish meal. I loaded up with more kale and lentils than pasta, but you could make it with any proportions you like. —bexwithanx6
- 1/2 bag whole wheat pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large bunch kale, torn
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta al dente according to instructions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add lentils and cook according to instructions.
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook for a few minutes until it softens. Add kale and cook until wilted.
- Combine pasta, lentils, and kale with any extra oil. Add the pasta water if the pasta is dry. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and finish with the parmesan.