If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy to make gourmet fried okra recipe. —Lance Knowling
pounds whole okra
pounds yellow cornmeal
large eggs, beaten
cups vegetable oil
salt and pepper
- Split okra in half lengthwise and season with salt and pepper
- Combine eggs and milk and mix well. (If mixture is too thick, add more milk)
- Dredge ¼ of the okra in flour just to coat, shake off access
- Submerge okra in cornmeal, coat each piece well and shake off the excess
- Repeat steps till all okra is coated in cornmeal
- Heat oil to 350 degrees and fry okra in small batches until golden and crispy. Okra should be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Toss crispy okra with salt and pepper to taste