If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If I was sent to a desert (dessert hahah) island and could only bring one chocolate dessert, I think I'd choose this one. Decadent chocolate and coffee flavour mesh together in this super easy recipe. I used Cyprus coffee, but you can use any type of coffee you wish. —[email protected]
Makes about 35-50 truffles
- 226 grams finely chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Cyprus coffee (any type of coffee is OK)
- a pinch of salt
- Prepare your coffee.
- Put the chocolate, coffee, salt in a bowl.
- Gently heat the heavy cream bringing it to a very light simmer.
- Add the cream, vanilla and 2 tsps of coffee to the chocolate and stir it so the mixture becomes smooth.
- Let the mixture completely cool. Let it cool outside the fridge for about 30 minutes, then place it in the fridge, until the texture becomes like a thick spread.
- With a teaspoon, take a little spoonful of the ganache, shape into a ball and roll in cocoa
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift