Author Notes: If I was sent to a desert (dessert hahah) island and could only bring one chocolate dessert, I think I'd choose this one. Decadent chocolate and coffee flavour mesh together in this super easy recipe. I used Cyprus coffee, but you can use any type of coffee you wish. —[email protected]
Makes: about 35-50 truffles
grams finely chopped dark chocolate
cup whipped cream
tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
teaspoons Cyprus coffee (any type of coffee is OK)
- Prepare your coffee.
- Put the chocolate, coffee, salt in a bowl.
- Gently heat the heavy cream bringing it to a very light simmer.
- Add the cream, vanilla and 2 tsps of coffee to the chocolate and stir it so the mixture becomes smooth.
- Let the mixture completely cool. Let it cool outside the fridge for about 30 minutes, then place it in the fridge, until the texture becomes like a thick spread.
- With a teaspoon, take a little spoonful of the ganache, shape into a ball and roll in cocoa
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift