Author Notes: This soup is super creamy and sweet, with no dairy or sugar added! It's amazing in the winter months when it gets chilly! —Millie | Add A Little
Butternut squash, cut into chunks
Potatoes, cut into small chunks
teaspoon Dried thyme
Garlic clove, crushed
pieces Ginger, grated
Chicken or vegetable stock cube
tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
In This Recipe
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan and add onions and salt until softened, add a pinch of thyme whilst this is happening.
- Add garlic and ginger until fragrant then add the squash and potatoes and stir them around in the pan.
- Pour boiling water on ingredients until nearly covered, but about 2cm out of water. Add the chicken stock and stir so evenly combined.
- Put on medium low (more on the low side) heat for about 10 minutes and stir.
- Leave for another 10 minutes. By this point the squash and potatoes should be soft, if not, leave for another 10 minutes.
- Once vegetables are soft, blend with a stick blender or any blender of choice. Add more water if consistency is too thick.
- Serve with crusty bread.