Grandma Marie's Sicilian meat loaf is stuffed with eggs, salami, parsley and pine nuts. —christina vincent
- Serves 8-10
chopped beef, veal and pork
hard boiled eggs
genoa salami, sliced & cut into strips
white bread, soaked in water
pine nuts (optional)
In This Recipe
- Mix the egg into the chopped meat.
- Add the moistened bread ( squeeze out excess water) parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Cut hard boiled eggs into quarter wedges.
- Divide the meat mixture into five portions. Shape a ball with each portion and place ball on bed of breadcrumbs. Flatten into oblong shape 3-4 inches in width.
- Fill flattened patty with one piece salami, two egg wedges and a sprig of parsley. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Fold over carefully and shape into oblong loaf. Place the seam side down on a slightly greased baking dish.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven until light golden brown, 34-40 minutes.
- Cool slightly then place in a marinara sauce and cook for one hour.
- The bracciolli are served sliced to accompany any pasta you choose with the sauce. Buon apeitito!