If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I remember eating this soup for dinner every Christmas in my native Czechoslovakia. When i moved to this country I made it for my kids one day and it was an instant hit! —katerina silverblatt
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrot
- 2 cups finely shredded parsnip
- 1/2 cup fine egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- salt to taste
- Heat oil and butter in a pot.
- When hot add flour and mix.
- Slowly add chicken broth, little by little, mixing well so clumps don't form.
- Add water and bring to boil.
- Add carrots and parsnips. Cook till soft about 15 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Turn off and add noodles.
- Noodles soften in about 5 minutes.
- Ready to eat!