If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a quick and easy brunch recipe. It's adapted from a recipe by Domini Kemp. It's a great base for loads of different toppings like smoked salmon, blue cheese, ham or crab. I've been using this as a base for using up Christmas leftovers. You can also make mini pancakes to serve as a canapes. —Canalcook
ounces frozen peas
finely chopped banana shallot
teaspoon lemon or lime zest
salt and pepper
ounces cream, creme fraiche or cream cheese
tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (e.g. mint, parsley, chives)
Iberico ham, sliced
- Cook the frozen peas for 1 minute or so in a pot of boiling water until soft.
- Submerge in cold water to cool and stop cooking.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining ingredients together in a large bowl and whisk together to combine, seasoning well.
- Add the cooled peas and blend with a stick blender.
- It’s ok if some of the peas aren’t completely blended and have a bit of texture.
- Heat some neutral oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Drop tablespoons of the batter into the frying pan (it doesn’t spread out too much and keeps a nice shape).
- Fry in batches.
- Cook for 2 or so minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Whip the feta, cream and herbs together.
- Serve the pancakes warm topped with the feta cream and some ham.