If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This ever so popular Indian snack is prepared with papri's (crisp flour based wafers), boiled potatoes, chickpeas/garbanzo beans, sweet (tamarind) and green (cilantro & mint) chutney's, and yogurt.
I have fond memories of eating this freshly made street food in India. It's a quick, healthy, and nutritious go-to-snack that satisfies a savory and sweet craving. Easy and fun to assemble, as there's no limit to the creativity you can pour into this vibrant mouth-watering treat! Note: I made it dairy free as well, for the Vegan. —Currysutra
- 1 packet papri's
- 2 small potatoes, boiled
- 16 ounces can of garbanzo beans/chick peas; drained and preferably organic
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup green chutney (cilantro and mint)
- 1/4 cup sweet chutney (tamarind or bhel)
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala (optional)
- 1/2 cup sev (crunchy chickpea flour based garnishing noodles) (optional)
- 2 roma tomatoes; diced (optional)
- Boil potatoes, cool, peel, dice into 1/2 inch cubes and set aside
- Assemble all other ingredients.
- In a serving platter, distribute the papris by evenly spreading them throughout the dish.
- Top with red onion, garbanzo beans, potatoes, and tomatoes (optional on the latter). Distribute evenly across.
- Sprinkle on chaat masala (optional).
- Add yogurt. Distribute evenly across.
- Add chutneys. Distribute evenly across.
- Garnish and finish with fresh cilantro and pomegranate seeds & sev (optional).