If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We have been experimenting with Fillo pastry, that extremely thin and delicate pastry that forms such interesting flower-like shapes when cooked in layers. This is a fairly simple appetizer of cream cheese, salmon and capers in a fillo cup. —Tom and Anita Morgan
- 16 6 inch squares of fillo pastry
- Olive oil spray
- Dry ranch dressing mix
- Dried chives
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 4 small strips of smoked salmon lox
- 12 capers
- Without separating them, cut 5 six inch squares of fillo pastry dough, then gently twist them so they remain on top of each other but at 5 different angles. Gently push them into a muffin tin allowing the corners to fold outward like flower petals. Repeat three times; placing them far enough apart that they don’t touch.
- Spray lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with dry ranch dressing mix and dried chives.
- Place 3 capers in the center of the rolled salmon. Handle gently as the fillo is delicate.