If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This a multi-generational, Italian family recipe if ever there was one. Aunt Chris is 93 and no longer able to make it, but when she could, it was served at many special occasions.
Simple and rustic, this impresses at an elegant dinner party too. This chicken is so tender and delish because it's marinated in lemon and sourcream over night. Later, it's rolled in bread crumbs, covered in butter and baked to perfection. It is great to make for a large dinner party because you can prepare ahead and just bake before your guests arrive. It is soooo tasty.
Easily multiplied and adaptable. Make extra because there will be none left over. —JulieBee
Pounded Chicken Cutlets
1 1/2-2 Tbls
Stick Melted Butter
Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- Mix lemon juice, sour cream, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Trim and pound chicken cutlets very thin.
- Put chicken and sour cream marinade together in bowl and marinate over night. The sour cream and lemon will tenderize the chicken beautifully.
- When ready to cook, cover each cutlet in breadcrumbs on both sides. Then, roll up each piece into a nice roulade shape.
- Line chicken up in a glass pan or casserole dish. Then pour the melted butter generously all over the top.
- Bake @ 350 Degrees , covered with foil for 1 hour. Remove foil and cook for 1/2 hour more.
- Eat and swoon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe