If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This a multi-generational, Italian family recipe if ever there was one. Aunt Chris is 93 and no longer able to make it, but when she could, it was rolled out on every special occasion and we all got a special pan whenever we had a baby.
Simple and rustic, this impresses at an elegant dinner party too.
Aunt Chris' Rolled Chicken will become a favor in your family.
Easily multiplied and adaptable. Perfect for a large crowd, but trust me there will be none left over. —JulieBee
- 2 lbs Pounded Chicken Cutlets
- 2-3 Juiced Lemons
- 1 1/2-2 Tbls Kosher Salt
- 8oz Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Fresh Pepper
- 1 Stick Melted Butter
- 2-3 cups Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- Mix lemon juice, sour cream, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Trim and pound chicken cutlets very thin.
- Put chicken and sour cream marinade together in bowl and marinate over night. The sour cream and lemon will tenderize the chicken beautifully.
- When ready to cook, cover each cutlet in breadcrumbs on both sides. Then, roll up each piece into a nice roulade shape.
- Line chicken up in a glass pan or casserole dish. Then pour the melted butter generously all over the top.
- Bake @ 350 Degrees , covered with foil for 1 hour. Remove foil and cook for 1/2 hour more.
- Eat and swoon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe