If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe turns every Brussels sprout recipe I've ever made on its head. The dressing is light and zesty. The combination of textures and flavors (crunchy hazelnuts, tart juicy pomegranate seeds) is to die for. To DIE for. —Izzy Darby
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1 small pomegranate, sliced, seeds removed
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- With a mandolin or a sharp knight, slice the Brussels sprouts very thinly (making sure not to slice your hand!). In a small bowl, combine the the lemon juice, spicy mustard, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Mix and set aside.
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the hazelnuts and spread them to a single layer over the pan. Toast them for 5-7 minutes, or until lightly browned on the outside and smell nutty. Remove from heat quickly to avoid burning and set them to cool a bit. Rub nuts in a cloth towel to remove skins and cool completely. Slice the hazelnuts in half.
- Toss the sliced brussels sprouts with the lemon-maple dressing and mix in the hazelnuts and pomegranate seeds. Season with salt and cracked black pepper to taste and serve!