If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes my boyfriend travels for work, and - unlike most people - I find myself sorely disappointed that I have no one to cook dinner for in his absence. Sometimes I resort to just some homemade bread and a glass or two of wine, but sometimes I need to get my hands at least a little dirty in the kitchen. This is where this recipe came from. After I threw this together, I gleefully texted him the picture you see above to make him jealous of the wonderful dinner he was missing.
What I love most about this recipe is its simple nature with an indulgent taste (and look). I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. —Ashley Marie
pound Brussels sprouts
tablespoon grapeseed oil
fresh ground black pepper
the pasta and the rest
ounces spaghetti or angel hair
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
cup ricotta cheese (full fat), divided
juice of half a lemon
plenty of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Slice the stalks off your Brussels sprouts, halve them lengthwise. Toss them in the grapeseed oil and put them in a large oven-safe fry pan. Sprinkle them with some salt, pepper and a little paprika.
- Brown the sprouts over medium-high heat until they start to get dark and crispy on the outside, about 7 minutes.
- Toss the sprouts in the oven and let roast until dark and soft, about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Gently place your eggs in and let cook 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Once your large pot of water begins to boil, add a generous amount of sea salt plus your pasta. Let boil until al dente.
- If you time things correctly, your Brussels sprouts should come out of the oven just before your pasta's done. Keep the sprouts in the pan (but out of the oven) until you're ready to plate.
- Drain your pasta well, toss with the EVOO and lemon juice. Place in a little heap on a plate. Top the pasta with the sprouts.
- Remove the egg shell and slice each egg in half. Place on the plate next to the pasta. Put the dollop of ricotta cheese on the side.