If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Many years ago, a friend of mine always used to keep cream sherry in our apartment. I never knew what he used it for, but when I got my own place, I bought it just out of habit and it spent months in the back of my oil/vinegar cabinet never being used. Once I finally started experimenting with it, I was pleasantly surprised. To this day, however, my favorite thing to do with it is make salad dressing with it. It's such a unique flavor - I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. —Ashley Marie
Makes about 2 cups.
- 1/2 cup grapeseed or sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup cream sherry
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & halved
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 large shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Take the cut side of the garlic and rub against the inside of your salad dressing container. Place the garlic in the bottom of it.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and shake until well-combined.
- Serve lightly over salads, especially somewhat bitter ones like arugula.