If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few days ago, we had a big lunch a bit later than the noon hour. So when the cocktail hour was over, we decided to have a light dinner of sauteed prawns with our Roasted Red Pepper Sauce. It was very tasty; the garlic, red pepper flakes and butter in which we sauteed the prawns added to the incredible flavor of the red pepper sauce creating a taste that was quite simply out of this world. We decided there and then that this appetizer had to be shared; so here it is. Appetizers for two to three people would be as follows: —Tom and Anita Morgan
For the Garlic Shrimp
- 6-9 large fresh or frozen prawns, thawed, shelled and de-veined if you prefer
- 1-2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
For the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 3/8 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces fire roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 3/8 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1+ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 pinches parsley or basil for garnish, chopped
- Place butter,oil and red pepper flakes in a 10" light weight saute pan and heat over medium heat until fairly hot. Put in prawns and garlic slices and don't disturb for about 1 minute at which time the prawns should be cooked about half way through.
- Stir the garlic and red pepper flakes around and turn the prawns over. Cook for about 1 more minute or until prawns are totally opaque.
- Remove prawns from heat and let them cool before serving.
- For the sauce/aioli place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until fairly smooth. Remove from blender and mix in the chopped parsley or basil garnish.
- As an appetizer, serve the sauce in a small bowl alongside the prawns as you would normally. As a light meal, serve the sauce in a bowl alongside the prawns with celery sticks and green onions to be dipped also.