A great way to feed to whole clan on a really cold winter day. —Lance Knowling
- Serves 8
1 1/3 pounds
frozan corn kernels
large onion, diced
clove garlic, chopped
small jalapeno, seeded and chopped
In This Recipe
- Sautee onions, garlic, ginger, jalapenos and scallions in oil. Cook until the onions are transparent.
- Add corn and stir 2 minutes to incorporate vegetables.
- Add chicken stock to cover ingredients by 1 inch and bring to a boil.
- Add powders and cayenne. Let simmer for 1 hour.
- Let soup cool til warm, then puree in a blender until smooth.
- Strain puree thru China cap pushing with a ladle to extract all liquid.
- Put puree back on the stove and heat until simmering, then add heavy cream while stirring.
- Bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.