If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A great way to feed to whole clan on a really cold winter day. —Lance Knowling
- 1 1/3 pounds frozan corn kernels
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup large onion, diced
- 2/3 cup clove garlic, chopped
- 2/3 gallon chicken stock
- 2/3 ounce ginger, chopped
- 1/2 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 gallon heavy cream
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 teaspoon onion powder
- Sautee onions, garlic, ginger, jalapenos and scallions in oil. Cook until the onions are transparent.
- Add corn and stir 2 minutes to incorporate vegetables.
- Add chicken stock to cover ingredients by 1 inch and bring to a boil.
- Add powders and cayenne. Let simmer for 1 hour.
- Let soup cool til warm, then puree in a blender until smooth.
- Strain puree thru China cap pushing with a ladle to extract all liquid.
- Put puree back on the stove and heat until simmering, then add heavy cream while stirring.
- Bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.